Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Mermaid Swam By

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved






I have finished another project featuring my precious Heather Bailey fabric. This time D.H. Buscher’s Manicure Kit Cover tutorial was put into use, a project I initially found on One Pretty Thing. Unfortunately, the Buscher blog experienced some kind of problem which deleted six months of her work, so I am not sure where you can find a copy of her tutorial. I’m so glad I’d saved a copy in my project binder. Updated 7:04 p.m.: a lovely reader found a link you can use to access the tutorial. Thank you, Anonymous!

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved




Although I’ve not put all my little tools in the pockets yet, I think you get the idea of how the little kit looks on the inside. Just as was done with the cosmetic brush kit, I used a magnetic snap for the manicure kit.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved


Here are my two projects together, the new manicure kit and the cosmetic brush kit I shared with you the other day. Two of my summer projects done—May is proving to be a lovely month for me already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Heather's fabrics. This tutorial can be linked
http://www.dhbuscher.com/2009/05/30/tutorial-manicure-kit-cover/

Love your blog

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Absolutely beautiful, June! So perfect for you!

I wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day weekend!

Garden4fun said...

Sigh.... I love the fabric, and envy your sewing skills. both projects are beautiful!

Barbara