Friday, June 11, 2010

Blessings Friday: Friendship

All of my friends are creative. Some say they aren’t, but it isn’t true as they come up with wonderfully clever ideas on a regular basis. My friend Cindy’s birthday gift to me this year is a prime example.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Cindy put together a huge gaily-colored gift containing every single ingredient needed to make a Baileys Banana Split.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Along with a copy of the recipe, I found carefully tucked inside a perfect piece of crystal stemware from Cindy’s personal collection in which to create the concoction. Talk about style! Enjoying the dessert in such a beautiful way makes the experience extraordinary.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Here’s the story behind her crystal she shared with me (and gave me permission to share with you):

My uncle (my mother's brother) was very proud of his Czech heritage. When I became engaged he sent me a set of china and crystal glasses all made in Czechoslovakia. This meant a lot to me and is something I have kept close to my heart. I will always remember him every time I use the china and glasses. I hope this glass will bring to mind all the fun we had together and a friendship that will never end.

Any present given from the heart is a creative treasure. As such, it has immeasurable value—and so does the exquisite gift of friendship.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Outside of the fact that I'm now craving one of those amazing drinks, I think it's terrific that you have such wonderful (and creative!) friends! :)

Cat said...

That is so sweet. The story brought tears to my eyes.

Hugs hon!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great friend you have there June.

I hope everyone's enjoying the Pool Party. (as I type this comment, it's pouring down with rain here).

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift June! I hope you've had a wonderful party this year!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This was such a wonderful gift , June, and I'm sure you will always think of Cindy eavery time you use her glass of have a Bailey's Banana Split!