Monday, March 15, 2010

Project Readiness: On the Edge

We’re beginning Week 3 of the On the Edge project hosted by Cassie at the You Go Girl blog.


Cassie’s instructions for Week One were to gather supplies. She rated that assignment as Difficulty Level: 1 Dove Chocolate. You just have to love a project rated via the number of chocolates you need.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Instead of making one set of pillowcases, I’ve opted to make two so enough fabrics were found at Jo-Ann’s to help me meet my goal. Both prints work pretty well together, one is sand dollars and the other a large print that actually emulates a bit of the sand dollar design.

First thing I do after purchasing fabric is wash it all and hang it on the clothesline. Seeing my next project blowing in the breeze makes me happy.

Source: Pantone

Turquoise is Pantone’s color of the year—works out nicely for me.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

Week 2 (last week) was to Construct a Posh Pillowcase, Difficulty Level: 2 1/2 chocolates. Here are my four finished pillowcases with the crochet yarn I’ll use for each set. Cassie’s pillowcase tutorial was easy to follow.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

While waiting for Week 3 to start, I bought a crochet book and have been watching YouTube videos and practicing since I don’t know how to crochet at all.

© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved

To keep everything together, I assembled a kit using an Amy Butler scrapbook tote. Today begins Week 3 of the On the Edge project and I’m excited about moving forward.

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Love the photo of the fabric swaying in the breeze. Line-dried linens smell heavenly!

Are you going to be crocheting into the pillowcase itself, as I've seen, or crocheting a strip of lace to attach later? I'm eager to see how it will all turn out.

Anonymous said...

I linked to "on the edge" through your blog and finished my pillowcase last week. Thank you for posting about all your crafting adventures. Truth be told, I also linked to kris knit's KAL from your blog too! I'm now enjoying both of these projects!
Have a wonderful crafty day and please keep sharing
-Barbara

Jessica said...

I agree, you have to love a project that involves Dove Chocolate! I work with Dove Chocolate and I know how delicious it is. Have you tried the Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter Promises? They are silky smooth and available at any mass food or drugstore.

For the latest & greatest from the brand visit www.dovechocolate.com. Follow DOVE on Twitter @ Dove_Chocolate and become a fan on Facebook!

Thanks,
Jessica
The Dove Chocolate Team

A rootdigger said...

Did you find a pattern for making crocheted lace. I did learn a little from books few years back. Fine string and small hooks.lol the length depends on how you are with patterns and you can make the length as you go or measure and calculate. I'd be glad to hunt up pattern for you, but I am sure the books were coppywrighted. Interesting blog
jo

Bridgett said...

Oh, you crafty girl!