Monday, February 23, 2009

Extension Cord Keeper

Just like duct tape, my husband seems to have a thing about extension cords. I think we could hook up every house in the city of Tucson with all the cords we have.

Extension cords are indeed handy things, but how to organize the tangled mess of cords taking up space all over the house and garage?


The answer came to me via a featured craft project link on One Pretty Thing last week created by Apartment Therapy Unplggd about recycling toilet paper rolls to make extension cord keepers.


© June Scroggin, All Rights Reserved.

I used leftover scrapbook paper from my Rolodex address card project. Now each cord is nice and neat and only took about 10 minutes to do Sunday afternoon.

10 comments:

Yummers! said...

I love the cord holders. I have so much scrapbook paper and we have a zillion cords around here. Great therapy for right now. Thanks Junie Moon!

And thank you too, for the warm comments.

I hope you give digi scrapping a try. I'm using Photoshop Elements7. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas and it was only $49. at Costco.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow June -- ANOTHER great idea that I need to try. My extension cord box is a mess! Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see someone else using my favourite cord holder. I've been doing this for years but I admit I haven't prettied mine up. What a great idea. Just this morning I emptied another roll and set it aside for the next time I need one (I use them for everything: my iron, my hair dryer, the coffee pot, the coffee grinder, the toaster, and so on ... so consequently as some rolls get used so much they begin to fall apart, I just use a fresh one :)

I'm going to pretty a few of my 'exposed' ones -- great idea. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of twist ties but this looks MUCH better. Thank you for sharing.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Neat-o! I keep forgeting to check out the One Pretty Thing blog and this idea is so easy even I can do it!

Thanks June!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh it turned out great! I'm so glad I'm not the only one excited about this project. I told my husband what I was saving the rolls for and he laughed pretty hard. =)

Anonymous said...

*L* that is a great idea! I have lots of extension cords that we mostly use at Christmas. Love how you prettied up the tube.

Anonymous said...

Junie Moon that's fabulous. You're so creative. Can't wait to try this idea out. So glad you are back to blogging. You live such an inspiring life, elevating everyday things into beautiful things.

Anonymous said...

Very nice June. All very organised. Will hubby put them back neatly?

Anonymous said...

Thanks much! I need to keep a pile of microphone cables organized - they're worse that extension cords.