Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weekender Bag and Calamity Kim’s Birthday

I am still working on some projects I’m not ready to share yet. One of them is making another Amy Butler Weekender bag that I must have completed by Feb. 21.



Here is the Weekender bag I made earlier using Amy Butler's fabrics. The one I’m making now has a southwestern theme. It’s for one of my neighbors who does not know how to sew. She picked out the fabrics and asked me to make it for a trip she’s taking on the 22nd.



Today is Calamity Kim’s birthday and there’s a big online celebration. Visit her entrancing blog and see all the birthday celebrations her friends are posting on Calamity Kim’s Birthday Party on Flickr.

This is a birthday card I made for her using one of my husband's photos of our roses and adding the text. I'm having a lot of fun making things using photos we've both taken. It's opening up a whole new world of creative ideas.

16 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh June! Thanks so much for posting that weekender bag -- it's beautiful. I've been trying to think of a fun bag to make for SweetiePie for the honeymoon -- I need to investigate that pattern!

Anonymous said...

Your AB Weekender Bag a very pretty, and I look forward to seeing the Southwest version. Lucky neighbor! I would love it if you would do a pattern review on your blog. I am currently working on the Sophia Carry- All and found a few pattern reviews online that were very helpful.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That is a very pretty and practical bag! I'm sure your neighbor will appreciate the one you make for her.
I went over to Kim's blog and wished her a happy birthday. Her blog party was such fun!

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

How gorgeous, what a lucky lady!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those bags and the fabric, are they difficult to make? I'd love to have a go.
That card for Kim is gorgeous. Do you print them out and give to her or just email it?
Lots of questions today, I'm a sticky beak aren't I.....
Love Fiona

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I love that bag. What a great job you did on it!! And you and your husband take such beautiful pictures. That rose is stunning :-) Rosie

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Lovely card, June :) and Fabulous bag!!

Gumbo Lily said...

ADORABLE weekender! You're so talented, Junie!

Your friend is blessed to have such a stitcher as you!

Jody

Alice Regan said...

Oh...lovely bag! So big and beautiful...and, the fabric is gorgeous. I visited Calamity Kim...wow what a birthday!

Rosemary said...

Very pretty bag June.
Lovely photo of the roses too.
Have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.
Rosemary

Caleen said...

I love the bag.. I need to start sewing again.. There is so much great fabric out there... I love the card too.. Beautiful rose... You are quite
a little seamstress.. :)

Unknown said...

Oh June! Thanks for always being such a sweet soul! Gosh! I would love one of those weekenders! June if you ever decide to make those for money let me KNOW! I am very interested! LOVE IT! Thanks for stopping by!
:)Hugs,
Robyn

Stitcher said...

Just discovered your blog, that bag is wonderful, look forward to seeing the one your working on. Your threadcatcher is just what I need.

Jane said...

I so admire that bag! I am a bit intimidated by the pattern matching required to make it look so nice!

Home ec new Haven said...

*gasp*
That bag is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love you Junie Moon!