Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas Puppet Theatre #1

Here’s the first of three puppet theatres I’m making using the instructions from Amy Karol's Bend-the-Rules Sewing. All three theatres will be different in terms of the fabrics used.



The only modification I made was to put the bobbles trim on the outside of the valance instead of on the inside just because I like it that way.



You can't see it in the picture, but the patchwork valances have pieces with the same stripe pattern as the curtains.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these are just too cute.
You are such a clever lady.

a pink-bee said...

Thanks, Tangeled Saturnwand :)
I have to get this book and make these !
Have a happy day Junie :)
crystal xo

Jennifer W. said...

Wow - this is excellent!

iSew said...

WOW! You're so great to try out all these patterns. I just buy the books & think I might make that someday, never do. So cute.

Kristi said...

That is so darn cute, are you making those for some lucky children? I know my mom is making doll clothes for my daughter.

By the way, I'm going to my first knitting "bee" this Saturday and I'm so excited. The organizer won't know what hit her when I ask her a million questions about knitting! My scarf is almost halfway done and in doing it I have practiced 3 different stitches.

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

*BB* said...

This is so cute!

Gumbo Lily said...

What lucky little poppets will be receiving your darling puppet theaters? Junie, you wear me out and inspire me with all the creativity you've got going!

Jody

Linda said...

Too cute, someone special will just love these puppets and theater. Linda

Unknown said...

June, this is FABULOUS! Thank you for showing it to us! Just the thing to get the kids imaginations going!

Lena said...

I love the fabrics and the theaters June. What a charming idea they are. Your grandchildren will love them!